01 September 2010

Leaving Denmark soon!

There's now less than 12 hours till I leave Denmark! The last few days have been quite frantic: I had my last day at the job - so I've said goodbye to the colleagues there. Although I have only worked there about a year as a full-time employee, it was quite emotional to say leave my first proper job.
I've also visited some former colleagues, and visited my workplace at the publisher Wiley-Blackwell. The work I do there I can do from anywhere with a computer and an Internet-connection, i.e. almost everywhere. Fortunately, I can keep that job while in Japan!

The last few weekends has also included visiting friends and family to say goodbye: it's quite weird saying "see you" to people, not having any idea when I might see them again! Still, it's been good to do so.

Now, the bags are packed, I've received some last minute vaccinations just this evening, and I'm just about ready to leave.
Band-aid after vaccination: now I can't get hepatitis A or encephalitis ("Japansk hjernehindebetændelse")
The last last few days has also included arranging something to do when in Tokyo, but more about that later. Now it's time to get a last night of sleep in Denmark.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you (the Encephalitis). I hope you have a nice flight. Looking forward to hearing more here soon.

    ReplyDelete